Thursday, December 16, 2010

So you better do the right think like Spike Lee

12-15-2010
The New York Knick's had their eight game win streak snapped due to another free line jumper by Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics. If you didn't see the game I suggest you watch the highlights, since it was one of the better games of the season so far. I actually don't want to break down the game, since there are so many outlets for that, I want to answer a question I was recently asked by one of my friends. Are the Knick's back?

Yes and no,
While this seems like the ultimate cop-out answer, I think that is the proper one. The Knick's are certainly relevant for the first time in years, but tonight's game proved that they still need to develop or add a piece to challenge to Celtics or the Heat, who are finally beginning to play up to the expectations. While Amar'e Stoudemire continued to play out of his mind, the Knick's showed that they need one more piece to be able to close out a game against the best team in the Eastern Conference. At this point in the season the best they can hope for is a 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs, but that would still be a vast improvement from their last decade of play. The promise of Carmelo Anthony wanting to play in New York can only bring excitement to New York fans; however, until he puts on the jersey I won't believe it. Melo, if he comes, will certainly help the Knick's become one of the best teams in the NBA, but until then I don't give them a chance against Boston or Miami in the playoffs. Well they are certainly a viable playoff contender I wouldn't put them in the status of NBA elite. For a franchise that has won 2 NBA titles, and 8 conference titles I wouldn't say that they are "back", but this season is certainly a step in the right direction. But then again it is the Knick's so anything can happen.

Until Next Time

Khough

No comments:

Post a Comment